This Buffalo Chicken Dip with greek yogurt is a delicious appetizer to share at any game day, holiday or summer party. Packed with plenty of chopped chicken, cheese, wonderful seasonings and both greek yogurt and cottage cheese for extra creaminess, this dip has the spicy hot sauce flavor that you’re going to love! Serve with tortilla chips, celery, carrots or any other favorite dipper.
Football season is in full force! And this Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Dip is the best way to celebrate! If you’re anything like me, the incredible food is really the star of the day.
Buffalo chicken recipes are a very popular game-day food option, and this dip takes that taste to the next level! It has a signature spicy buffalo sauce flavor that is absolutely irresistible, and can be customized to your heat preference. It is also so easy to make that you will be digging in with your favorite chips, crackers and veggies in no time!
As an added plus, this is a healthy buffalo chicken dip that’s loaded with protein from chicken, greek yogurt and cottage cheese, so it not only tastes great but it’s super satisfying and will keep your blood sugar balanced. No matter the occasion, this high protein buffalo chicken dip is a must try. It’s bound to be a crowd favorite at any party or gathering!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Quick & easy to make: This recipes only requires 10 minutes of hands-on time! You can make it even easier by using shortcuts like incorporating leftover shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken, and using pre-shredded cheese.
- High protein appetizer: With a combination of chicken, greek yogurt and cottage cheese, this dip is packed with protein. Each serving has 14 grams of protein, yet just over 2 grams of carbs.
- So much flavor: Served up warm and cheesy with so much creaminess and the right amount of spice, this buffalo chicken dip recipe is the ultimate party snack!
- A delicious and healthy option: this recipe is full of protein and healthy fats, which is the perfect combo for blood sugar balance. Plus it’s a delicious gluten free buffalo dip that’s perfect to share with a crowd with various food sensitivities. See below for a dairy free buffalo dip option.
This buffalo chicken dip recipe is made with simple, healthier ingredients that come together for a mouthwatering addition to your party spread! Here’s everything you’ll need to make it:
- Greek yogurt & cottage cheese: Blended together to make the creamy base of the dip.
- Buffalo sauce: My favorite sauce to use is Primal Kitchen to avoided processed seed oils and added sugars.
- Seasonings: A mix of garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper adds a boost of extra flavor.
- Chicken: This will need to be cooked and chopped or shredded before starting this recipe. You can shred up a rotisserie chicken or buy it pre-shredded from the store for convenience.
- Cheddar cheese: You will use some to mix into the dip and then save some to add on top.
- Scallions: Mix the whites of the onions with the other ingredients, and add the green onions on top for a garnish.
These instructions for making this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe are straightforward and very simple to follow. You can be serving this in just 35 minutes, and that includes the cooking time! Bring it out straight from the oven with plenty of dippers and everyone will go crazy for it! Here’s how to make it:
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Blend: In a blender or food processor, combine yogurt, cottage cheese, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Mix: In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken and white parts of the scallions and ½ cup of shredded cheese with the blended sauce. Mix thoroughly to combine evenly.
- Add to baking dish: Transfer the buffalo chicken mixture into a 9” round or square baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Add cheese: Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the dip is bubbling and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Broil for an additional 1-2 minutes for a golden brown top.
- Garnish: Remove the buffalo chicken dip from the oven. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve: Serve the buffalo chicken dip warm with tortilla chips, celery, carrot sticks, or your favorite dippable accompaniments and enjoy!
- Dairy free: For a dairy-free buffalo chicken dip substitute, use dairy-free cream cheese instead of cottage cheese, dairy-free cheddar cheese, and plain dairy-free yogurt.
- Heat level: Use 1 full cup of buffalo sauce for a spicier dip and 3/4 cup or less for less spice.
- Cheese: Feel free to change up the cheese, and try Mexican blend cheese, Colby-jack cheese or another favorite variety.
- For serving: Enjoy the buffalo chicken dip with corn chips, cassava chips, celery, radish and/or celery sticks. You could even add blue cheese crumbles to the top of the dip before serving for that signature blue cheese/buffalo sauce flavor.
- Full fat dairy: We recommend using full fat greek yogurt and cottage cheese for the best rich flavor and nutrients.
- What do you serve with buffalo chicken dip? We like to pair this app with tortilla chips and freshly cut vegetables like celery, carrots, radish and bell peppers for fiber. You can also serve it with crackers, pita chips or crostini.
- Make ahead: Get a head start before a party and make this in advance! Assemble as directed, then cover the serving dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook it. It may be necessary to add an additional 5 minutes to the total cook time, to compensate for the cold temperature of the ingredients.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven. We do not recommend freezing this dip.
Other recipes you’ll love to share with a crowd:
- Butternut Squash Hummus
- Strawberry Peach Salsa
- One Pot Sweet Potato & Bacon Chili
- Honey Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
I would love to hear your feedback and see your photos of this recipe! Please leave a comment below and share your experience with me and other readers.
Share your creation and tag me on socials @withthymenutrition.
For more inspiration for hormone balancing, allergy friendly recipes and nutrition tips, follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, or sign up to receive our newsletter to get all the new recipes sent straight to your inbox!
This Buffalo Chicken Dip with greek yogurt is a delicious dip to share at any game day or summer party.
- 1/2 cup whole fat cottage cheese
- 3/4–1 cup buffalo sauce, I like Primal Kitchen
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 cup chopped chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup scallions, whites and greens separated
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the blended sauce, greek yogurt, shredded chicken and white parts of the scallions and ½ cup of shredded cheese with the blended sauce. Mix thoroughly to combine evenly.
- Transfer the buffalo chicken mixture into a 9” round or square baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Place the baking dish in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the dip is bubbling and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Broil for an additional 1-2 minutes for a golden brown top.
- Remove the buffalo chicken dip from the oven. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve the buffalo chicken dip warm with tortilla chips, celery, carrot sticks, or your favorite dippable accompaniments and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 145.9
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 537.8 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Trans Fat: .1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9 g
- Fiber: .2 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 35.4 mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken dip, healthy buffalo chicken dip, easy buffalo chicken dip